Senior Account Specialist
New York City
Isto Biologics, a medical device and biologics company dedicated to providing advanced solutions for spine, orthopedics, and sports medicine, is seeking a full-time sales representative in New York City, with occasional cases on Long Island or in NJ. Salary listed is base, plus eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the direction and guidance of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM), the Senior Account Specialist (SAS) is responsible for:
- Providing case coverage support to existing and new customers. Case coverage will be scheduled cooperatively with RSM, distributors and key accounts. The SAS will provide in-service technical support of product use (primarily MARO and InQu) in the OR setting. (Occasional PRP coverage support in the office setting may also be required.) Related duties include scheduling, case preparation, machine troubleshooting, and coordination with Customer Service for proper billing and any necessary product replenishment. All coverage activity will be in alignment with the strategic priorities of the organization.
- New account development, generating sales of company’s products in the direct sales model. Sales activity requires calling on prospective customers, providing technical and administrative information, demonstrating product use and quoting appropriate prices in a designated sales region. Involves market research and follow through as well as cold calling, by visiting potential new customers in the region to increase revenue. The Senior Account Specialist also acts as a liaison with established accounts to ensure satisfaction Activity record keeping is required on Salesforce.com. Participation in sales meetings, training programs and attendance at conventions and trade shows may be required, as is operating to applicable areas of the company’s Quality System.
Required Education and Experience
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or technical field or equivalent education/experience is desired
- Previous hospital/OR based service and related orthopedic and spinal surgery sales experience would be highly preferred, along with a demonstrated interest in patient care.
- Position requires a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with strong interpersonal, communication, administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen including the business planning and relationship management is required.
- Position will present varied work hours and travel, depending on region.
- A valid driver’s license in good standing is also required.